CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mini Fashionista

I was looking at some photos from fashion week today with Naomi at Susan's Freshly Picked blog.

Naomi would look through the set, and almost infallibly pick as her "favorite" the most feminine ensamble. Dresses, twirly, full, ruffles, sparkles, those were the ideal clothing items of choice.

One set of photos had only pants and shorts. She looked for a few seconds and decided that she liked "none of those".

I love that she knows what she likes. And what she hates. She occasionally offered that she hated a few get-ups.

Later this evening I was filling up the bath for my little wild things so I could clean off the days dirt. Actually, it's been longer than that since I put them in the tub. Seriously, probably... a while. But that's beside the point right now.

While I was occupied with getting James into the tub, Naomi was in my closet for a few minutes and walked out and announced;

"Mom! I picked out the perfect clothes for you to wear tomorrow! Come and see, come and see!!! You have to wear it, it will look so beautiful."

I walked into the closed expecting to find maybe a dress or two laid out for me. She does this pretty often, she likes to pick out my outfits.

It's incredibly amusing to me. Especially because when she dresses herself it's a totally different style that what she'd pick for me. Yes it's usually dresses/skirts, but it's a lot more mis-matching and lots of colors and weird accessories for herself. But most of the time I just go with it. Express yourself, right?

For me she generally picks out dresses, shirts she hasn't seen for a while on me, and often these ridiculously high black and silver stiletto sandals. They are super practical for playing in the park and picking up groceries.

I turned the corner and this is what I saw:


Naomi laid it out just like this, I didn't touch it.
She even picked out my favorite pair of skinnies.
She went through each piece, telling me why it's "perfect".
I was so impressed, and the scarf? Nice touch. It has gold threads through it that match the shoes.
I love the outfit and I love my girl.
New York runways better watch out, Naomi's on her way.

4 comments:

Erin Davis said...

I for sure don't have that problem! She is so adorable! I have a hard time getting my boys to wear anything but "basketball clothes". :)

Susan said...

if this isn't the cutest thing ever, i don't know what is. could she come + style my closet? you've got a gem on your hands!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Natalie said...

Wow! Watch out world!