CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 10, 2010

New Tradition. 2nd Day.

I am one of those awesome moms who always remembers everything and does everything perfect and my life is always way fun and I make special first day of school presents for my kids.

Yeah... not so much.

So yesterday was the 2nd say of preschool and the 2nd day of ballet for Naomi. So we are starting a new tradition, we take photos on the 2nd day! This will probably be our tradition until next year. Maybe I'll change it to the first day. Or maybe the 3rd.

Honestly I felt badly about forgetting to take the classic first day photos, I mean really, what kind of a mom am I?? I did take a photo with my phone of Naomi and her buddy Jagger after their first day of preschool. But it's on my phone, so not very high quality.

Naomi started preschool at the USU child development lab this week. I am so happy about it, I love, love, love the atmosphere, curriculumn, class size, price, location, time, etc, etc. There is a strong focus on child-directed play. They have self-selected activites for a large portion of preschool time and they focus on social interactions as well. For Naomi this is wonderful. She is smart and has known her letters and sounds for a long time now and is beginning writing and sounding out words with me at home. So for preschool to give the opportunites to do the things we don't do here as much is perfect. She's thrilled about getting to do "whatever I want!"

Naomi also started ballet classes at Cache Valley School of Ballet last week. She goes once a week with a small group of little girls. It is so adorable. Seriously, little girls in pink tights and black leaotards and tiny pink shoes is just the sweetest thing. The Whittier Community Center is where she has ballet classes, it is a very old spacious building with a lot of character. The wood floors make it ideal for ballet classes. I took ballet there when I was a little girl and then later as a teenager. I loved ballet and I have always wished I had stayed with it longer. Naomi loves everything



Posted by Picasa

No comments: