CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things

Just a few things.

Yesterday evening I ran a 10 mile race. It was the Last Dash Relay. It was an event for USU business week, and proceeds went towards the Huntsman Cancer Institute. I ran it solo, there was the option to relay at 5 miles but I didn't have a running buddy. It was killer the first few miles. That's always the hardest part for some reason, then I just get into a good rhythm. The views from the trail from Green Canyon to the mouth of Logan canyon were beautiful. I did 10 minute miles the whole time! Yeah, I know I talk about running too much, but I am proud of myself! My legs are soooore and tired today though. My mom and dad were great to watch my kids for me.
Oh, and I won a gift card to Al's in the raffle!

James doesn't like to nap anymore. He's 2.5 and naps about every other day, sometimes less. It's ok, as long as I can stave of the 6p.m. meltdowns. He's a sweetie though, I sometimes just let him stay up because he's so cute.

Both of my kids have small feet for their age. And height. James is like a 6 or something? Maybe 6.5 and Naomi is about a 10. Naomi is probably about right, maybe an 11 is average for a 4-5 yr old.
But I think James has tiny feet.

I really dislike figuring out every. single. day. what to make for dinner. It's a chore.

Reading my textbooks for school is interesting, and very informative, and definitely helps my grades. But it's difficult to make myself do. I blog instead....

I got my season pass to Beaver. I've wanted to do this since I can remember. And I got it super cheap because I'm a student. And I got a free pass for Naomi. Awesomeness. Come and ski with us!

Naomi loves, loves LOVES her new preschool. She hops out of the car and waves as she runs inside, "love you mom, BYE!" I'm glad she's not worried about going, but I wish she missed me! Not really. I love my little Miss Independent.

My children are stubborn. More than normal? I don't know. More than I want, that's all I know.

I am stubborn too.

I want these shoes. Who has my name for Christmas this year?

5 comments:

ash said...

Way to go on the 10 miler! And I am totally with you on trying to figure out what's for dinner every night. Why is it so difficult?

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Impressive, Trisha. Seriously. I haven't even come close to attempting 10 miles. I'm proud of you. :)

As for feet size... Abby is an 11, and Drew is a 5 1/2, granted, my kids are a lot smaller than yours. But still, they sound very normal to me. :)

As for stubbornness, come to my house sometime.

Love you!

Brooke Low said...

I really wish I had your name this year! I am having a difficult time coming up with a gift idea for Holly and Michael. I really can't wait to move back and run with you. I won't be able to keep up with you but it will be nice to have a running buddy!

Natalie said...

Congrats on your race! Charlie's a size 10 already haha. We end up with pre-made meals like 50% of the time. My poor family...

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it seem like there are an awful lot of meals that kids expect to eat at every day? Sheesh. And because Conner works so late, I have to make two dinners.

Congrats on the race!!

Has Naomi, along with fun, come away from preschool with a little attitude? Oliver has. He's learning pretty quickly (I hope) that talking back results in a bad day for him.

Oh, and to post this comment, I have to type in 'thy pee'.