CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekender

Labor Day weekend I took the kids and we made a run for the warm weather down South.
Thursday afternoon we packed it up and drove into the night, we made it to St. George before midnight and the kids were both asleep by that time.
Friday we played at the pool all day with Talia, Wes, Dylan and Trey, and Brooke and Hailey. I love having family there and it's so good to see them more often now. That's such a perk about living back in Utah now, I get to see all my family, a lot.
St George was so nice! We had been having some cold weather up here and going to the pool was just what we needed! My parents so generously let me use their place there, it's wonderful. And I knew that with school starting that things were going to get busy quickly, so one last trip to end the Summer.
Saturday we all headed down to Las Vegas for the Battle of The Bands! Wes's band, (and Mike and Justin's band too) Shallow Day competed in the finals at the Hard Rock Cafe. They rocked the house, it was great. They didn't end up winning but it was such a fun show. Talia and I made iron-on t-shirts for our kids the night before. Whoever said that kind of stuff is fun was a few screws loose. We hate iron-on's now. It was a pain. But they ended up looking super cute! My kids seriously love their "Shallow Day" shirts. They say "Rock On" on the back. I caught a random guy at the show snapping a pic of James from the back while he was wearing his new t-shirt and his noise cancelling headphones. He did look adorable.
After the show was over and the winner announced I headed back to St. George. In and out, Vegas is not my favorite place to play, especially with my little ones.
We had a fun remainder of the weekend just hanging out with family. It involved playing fugitive in the dark on the golf course, cupcakes, good food and Chad running through the screen door. Awesome.
Monday we cleaned up, packed our bags and made it to the pool one last time. The last time for the year too I think.
Afterwards we stopped by Brooke and Mike's to say goodbye. Naomi loves Hailey, they are cute little buddies. She has a pet rat, it's pretty cool. Except that right before we left James came walking into the family room bawling his eyes out with blood all over his hand! He had stuck his hand in the rats cage and got a bite. Poor baby. It wasn't bad at all, but it was bleeding like crazy! He was traumatized, but just temporarily.
Remember when he was bit by a bunny last spring at Baby Animal Days? He must just be delicious.
It was a perfect weekend to end our awesome Summer.

My little bathing beauty



What a cutie. I could just eat him up!



Talia!




Can you see Naomi's sparkles? She was glammed out. And that's Dylan in the background.

Besties! Naomi and Hailey

Rocking out, James, Naomi, and Hailey


The end of the show with Shallow Day's biggest fan's on stage with them :)


1 comment:

Brockalee said...

I think you need to add the picture of Chad's destruction.