CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Clouds!

So our toaster oven has been on it's way out for a while now. We've been in denial, hanging on even when it's not meant to be.
First the button to "start" toasting would not work, it did however if you jammed it in with a toothpick for the duration of the toast. Well then the "timer" stopped working, so instead of beeping when the toast was done, and stopping, it would just eternally toast your bread.
Solution: unplug when you are finished toasting and plug in when you want something toasted. "Plugged in" meant always on. "Unplugged" was off.
So due to these new developments I've had a few darker toasts lately, due to forgetting I have to watch and remember to get my toast out without the luxury of a "beep" and the toaster then turning itself off.

Today I got a bagel out for a snack for Naomi. I gave her half the top and put the bottom side and other half of top in the toaster oven and plugged it in.
I proceeded to get out some hamburger to thaw for dinner, called Zach in the process to tell him to maybe stop and get some taco seasoning on his way home- we were out. We decided to just use seasonings we had and make our own, fun!
Then Naomi from her high chair excitedly points up in the kitchen and says "Clouds! mama, clouds!!!" I spun around (still on the phone) and see beautiful white puffs of "clouds" filling my kitchen!!!
I ran over to the toaster, knowing my bagels are black, and before I got there to unplug it I saw them inside. There is a glass door on the front if you're not familiar with toaster ovens. I stared for a half second at two little fires where my bagels should have been! I unplugged it quick. and closed the kitchen doors for a second so I could get the windows open before the smoke made it to the fire alarm. All the while I still had Zach on the phone:) I was telling him that the bagels are "freaking on FIRE!" He asked about 10 times if they were going out or if I needed to get the fire extinguisher. They were going out, and were done flaming after about a minute.
Zach was on his way home during our conversation and as soon as he walked in he took the toaster oven, with newly formed charcoals still inside straight out to the garbage.
So that was my first actually burning, burning something in the kitchen, with flames and all! I've been trying to get the smokey smell out but I'm afraid it's lingering. candles, windows open and room freshener are hopefully helping:)
Clouds, honestly how funny is that? And it's a good thing she told me too!
Now I just need to go toaster shopping.....

12 comments:

Erin Davis said...

So funny! Scary for you, but for me it was fun to read about. Thanks for the tip on the zofran. I'm going to ask TJs dad about it and see if he will write me prescription. I think the ones I am taking now start with a B. Benz something. Anyway, have I ever told you how awesome your brother is. He is such a great friend to Derek.

Ashlee said...

Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 3.0 You can buy it online for $30. I love it. Today i was going through all the pages I have done. I have 06 all done but I haven't printed any. and with what I have done so far in 07 there is 500 pages to be printed and it will only caust me like 200 dollars. which i know sounds like a lot but when you think of paying to have just the pictures printed you would be well over that. and on top of that the time it takes to do it on paper and the stickers, you get what i am saying right. I love it. Fell free to ask anyother questions.

Anne-Marie said...

That is fabulous! Why do they always notice they things we don't want them to see?? Oh well...at least she was enthralled and not terrified (although I don't know why that particular situation would terrify...). Happy toaster hunting. Luckily those are cheap :)

Granny said...

Shame you're not my neighbor. I have a perfectly good toaster oven I never use.

Anne-Marie is right. They're not at all expensive and can be very handy. Maybe I should dig mine out and give it a try.

Chillygator said...

Wow, I laughed so hard at the part where they were "freaking on FIRE!" (o:

Erica said...

I love the clouds! That is so funny. I'm sorry you lost your toaster though. They just don't last that long do they?

Katy said...

Hey Trisha. I'm making my blog private so email me at katysamps@gmail.com so I can invite you.:)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That is the funniest story! I guess it's time to get a new toaster eh!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Trish! I found you on Emily's website! It was so good to see you guys! It looks like you're doing well and you're family is beautiful! Hope all is well. I'll be checking in!!! Tell the fam hi! Love lezlee (brenchley) strong!

Anne-Marie said...

you've been tagged, see my blog :)

The Gardner's said...

Nice to see you guys are still kickin' and closer than we thought. Keep on kickin', er I mean burnin'.

Ashlee said...

Hey what happened to you. I know that your toaster died and everything but I thought you would be over it by now....I sure hope you come back around by Halloween!!! J/K I was just checking on you.