CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Welcome to D.C.

I've been a little P.O.'ed for the past few days. That's my excuse for avoiding my blog (and everyone else's too).
Last week, Friday morning actually, I walked out to the car with Naomi at about 10:30 a.m. We were going to the ZOO!!! Fun, fun!
Well. I looked through the drivers side window and noticed somethings "off." My car has no tint in the windows whatsoever so it was easy to look in the car and see what was where. I noticed that some leather driving gloved (mine) were on the drivers seat. I don't use those until it's frigid cold so they were obviously NOT where I kept them. Also a few papers from the e-brake area were on the drivers seat.....
I quickly went through possible scenarios in my head: I left the doors unlocked (never), Zach needed something and was in the car before he left yesterday morning (for Phoenix, and no, I'd driven since he left.) Someone ELSE was in my car.
All the while I'm still standing there with the key in my hand, ready to unlock my door. I looked across the car to the passenger door, it was unlocked, I checked the back doors, both locked and my door, the drivers side was locked.
Crap.
I unlocked the car and put Naomi in her seat so I could gather my thoughts about what happened. I checked the papers on my seat, none seemed to be missing, none too important either though. The car stereo was still in it's place, the CD cases were on the ground in the back, the registration and car info stuff was in the glove box. I couldn't figure it out.
Then it hit me, I flipped around to check and I saw it. Or actually DIDN'T see it. The portable DVD player that used to be strapped to my headrest was gone, unplugged from the cigarette lighter and the papers and gloves askew I realized was from the successful search for the little remote control.
ARGH!
The thief stole the portable DVD player! I was shocked that they went to all that trouble to steal a piece of crap player, it doesn't even have a battery pack option, you have to have it plugged in to play. (That means no taking it on the airplane).
That was actually my first thought. That I could now justify buying a player that could work anywhere. I mean really, who makes and sells a PORTABLE DVD player that can only work near a socket. But then again, I bought it..... It was Wal Mart.
So I went back inside and reported it to the building manager and then filed a police report for what it's worth.
So that's the long and short of it. I'm mad that someone would steal from me, from anyone really. I know it happens all the time but it still sucks. Also, the lock on the passenger door can't be unlocked from the outside now. Guess we need to get that fixed.
And one more thing. When I DO get a new player, I'll be sure to stow it hidden away when I'm not in the car.
Welcome to D.C.

11 comments:

Latida108 said...

Oh Trish, I totally sympathize! My car has be "stolen" or attempted stollen 3 times!!! In SL. So yeah I understand. There is just something so wrong about going through someone else's personal space, that's what made me so mad, not even the stuff they actually took, just that they sat where I sat, saw and touched my personal stuff! EWWWW Don't get me going, but I'm so sorry. Don't be mad at the world for too long. Anyways, yes we need to catch up. You're little Naomi is just as cute as can be!!! You need to give me a tutorial on how to make my blog cute like yours! love ya!

Anne-Marie said...

That way sucks!! I'm glad they didn't take anything that could be bigger trouble later, though. How long do you get to be home alone?? i hate it when Jon leaves over night or longer :)

Trisha said...

Zach's back now, he was only gone Th and Fri nights. He's been gone the past 3 weekends straight! But now he's home for the rest of the semester, forever really:)

Emily + Eric said...

Trisha,
Do you need me to come out there and deliver a couple of knuckle sandwiches to the idiots who took your stuff? We know how much the portable DVD players mean on long car rides with little kids. Seriously - so sorry that happened.

Em

Erica said...

I would rage! I'm so sorry. What a bad person! I guess the only good thing is it gives you an excuse to get a new one. I don't understand going to all that work to break into a car just for a DVD player. I mean they don't cost that much, and it's risky to break into car! What an idiot. Once someone broke into my Dad's car just to steal a roll of quarters!

Theurer Clan said...

So sorry about the break-in. That happened at stroller class the other day to a gal. Her car had the window shattered and they had stolen her purse. Thankfully the only thing in it at the time was a diaper. ha, ha! Welcome to Idaho Falls!

Dani said...

I am so scared that is going to happen to me! Sorry!!

Katy said...

Hey Trisha. I'm glad you posted on my blog. I'm sorry about your car getting broken into. Your blog is way cute and so is your little girl. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes (okay loves) the twilight books. Can't wait for the next one.
-Katy Sampson

Kera said...

oh that is so well, scary, is my first thought. I would have ran inside because I am a NUT like that... Anyways. Our car's CD player was stollen in a gated garage that only tennants can use! You have to have a special card to get in!!! real "secure" right.
Sigh. Welcome to San Francicso.

M said...

I'm so sorry. I know, life is a little different here, huh? Hey, I think I'll see you in a couple of weeks when Natalie gets here.

Juzzme said...

Oh man, that sounds horrible! I think I read that you live in Silver Spring? Is that right? So are you in Silver Spring Stake? If so, that's my old stake! My mom & dad are still in that stake! How are you liking it there now-besides the car break-ins ;)?