CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Crazy, Crazy, Fun!

I've been 'crazy' busy with all things fun this past week.
My little sister Natalie came to visit and went home early Tuesday morning. I'm now back to all the boring day-to-day things like laundry:)
Well to sum it up we shopped, toured, shopped, rode trains, taxis, and walked, walked, walked. Here's a sampling of our pictures, seriously, there are lots more:)


At the Capital, on day 1 of our adventure. Naomi was loving her glasses:)

Naomi at the U.S. Botanical Gardens, there is a cute little children's playhouse.
Our hotel! We were on the 43rd floor. Directly across the street, above the subway stop was Ground Zero, where the World Trade Centers used to be. We couldn't see much but it was kind of cool to be there anyway. Next to our hotel was very old chapel, St Paul's something. The tombstones seemed to fit the season!

Central Park, in the rain. It rained all afternoon! It was plenty warm just wet. We had fun anyway. Shopping on Broadway in SoHo was a definite highlight! We shopped most at my new favorite store, H&M.


Times square, it was like Vegas. I had no idea. Lots of energy and fun stores. We went to the HUGE Toys R' Us. This is a picture of me at the Empire State building on Friday, we couldn't even see the top because of the rain clouds!
Madame Tussuad's. There's a nice profile preggo shot for you all. I'll let you name the celebs:)


WICKED!!!!! LOVED the show!!!!!
I want to see it again! It was fantastic!

We made it back to our hotel after being stranded at a dead end subway stop. We caught a cab and fell into our beds. This is a view of the Brooklyn bridge from our room, night and day. We had a corner room with fantastic views our both windows. Too bad we were too busy to enjoy it much:)


Saturday morning at the Empire State Building, we left a few minutes later for D.C. on the train. It's a nice way to travel, so much less hassle than the airport and cheaper than flying too.

Saturday afternoon, back in D.C. We went to the Museum of Natural History was really fun tons of cool things to see and NO LINE. We hit up the National Archives (think National Treasure but way more boring with long lines) and then here. Stegosaurus was my favorite dinosaur as a kid.
The fabulous Hope Diamond! There was a lot of gorgeous jewelry on display. The Sapphires were the prettiest.
Pretty flowers in the Art something garden:)

Zach and Naomi picked us up at the museum and we drove over to the White House.





Sunday afternoon we took Natalie to the D.C. Temple. It's so huge and beautiful. There is a pathway you can take all the way around it. There was a little bit of construction going on in the back, Naomi of course took advantage of that.

The Jefferson Memorial. Some Asian businessmen thought Naomi was so cute they were snapping pictures of her running around, using of course their insanely awesome cameras!

We met Megan (Maughn) Roe here who lives in Arlington and then we WALKED to the Washington monument, then down to the Lincoln memorial and then back around to the Jefferson again where we were parked. It was quite the work out for lazy ol' me. But the weather was sooooo beautiful. I loved living here that day:)

We had so much fun, but I think it wore me out a little:) Maybe it was all that walking... New York was so fun, I only wish we could have stayed longer! It's an expensive city that's for sure. I would love to go shopping more and be able to buy more! Also there were quite a few Broadway shows we wanted to see, like Mary Poppins! And NY never sleeps! Seriously. After our show was out we got some dinner (about midnight) and the streets were packed, getting a cab later on took us a few minutes because all the 100 cabs that passed had passengers:) It's a huge place. My first visit was fantastic and now I can't wait to go again!
Once we were back in D.C. we were amazed at how CLEAN the streets were here compared to NYC! I'm so glad Nat was here to make me get out and see more of the sites, it's really a fantastic place I live in, and the weather has been so perfect. (it's raining now).
So that's our crazy fun week in a huge long post:)

11 comments:

Latida108 said...

Ohh Trish I'm SOO SOO jealous! . . .H&M!!! I love LOVE that store! You guys had so much fun it sounds like. I love NY, it's my favorite! I want to be there right now! I'm so glad you could share that with your sis, you guys are so cute! Love ya!

Chillygator said...

Whoa. Sweet. When do I get to come visit you?

Ashlee said...

Looks like I need to come visit. I have never been to NY. It is a dream of mine. But my idea of NY is shoping the way I want to shop at all the expencive stores. So it will be a few more years. SO if by then you are still there we will have to meet up. Nat still looks the same. Don't you just love when family comes to stay. I sure do. Well nice job getting caught back up.

Anne-Marie said...

Holy cow! you HAVE been busy. How fun for you though. You look super cute with your prego belly! :) I'm glad you had such a great time!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Trish! Your belly looks so cute! You are still pretty thin..you just have a baby belly and that's it! You look great! HOw fun to have your sis visit you! Love the pictures!

Emily + Eric said...

Trish - looks like you & Natalie are living the high life! What a fun weekend!

Shelly Traveller said...

What a fun vacation. I'm loving the cute clothes you had on.

Cam and Hol said...

How fun Trisha!!! I'm glad you got some company!! When do you find out what you're having?!?!

Sarah said...

Trish-
whoa, do you have bangs? I haven't seen you forever. You look super cute and your belly is hardly a belly. Looks like you had tons of fun with your sis. I want to come visit. Without the kids of course. I'm sure it's hard with them in the BIG CITY!!! Are you coming out for the Holidays at all. I miss you tons!

Monson Family Fitness said...

Trish...those pictures are fun! Can I come visit? Hey I just tagged you so you've got to come to my blog to get the rules. Sorry!
brandymonson.blogspot.com

Dani said...

I Love NY. We really need to go there together. :)