CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pregnancy....

Well, I am through my 1st trimester of this pregnancy, as Ashley pointed out:) I have been feeling a lot better but not fully "well" just yet. It's strange that I am actually getting used to feeling kinda yucky. It's an off and on thing, I can keep the nausea in check if I just remember to eat. ALL THE TIME. I had forgotten that funny detail about pregnancy; eat small meals often. It's hard to remember and sometime snacky things don't cut it. I need "healthy" type foods to feel really good. But I eat less at meals too, I just can't "stomach" as much as a regularly would have been able to.
So my days goes as such: Breakfast- bowl of cereal and juice or fruit. An HOUR later- a snack like yogurt, fruit, toast. An hour later- cookie? drink of something!!! An hour later- snack again. An hour later- Lunch. Anyway you get the idea.... no wonder I'm already looking so pregnant!
But yeah, over all I'm feeling pretty good. I mean I do my hair, shower, put make up on and go places. That's saying something to how I was for the past two months. I even clean a little and cook again! Zach is thankful;)
And back to the looking pregnant thing- I do look pregnant. Already. I'm more ok with it every day since I'm 15+ weeks now but 3-4 weeks ago I felt like it was waaaay too early to be showing. But then again this is my second pregnancy and I guess you just show earlier. And no, I won't be posting a belly picture here. Not yet anyway.
So lastly, all you mommas out there, remind me where to get some cute maternity clothes, but more especially CHEAP cute maternity clothes:) I emptied out my maternity bag the other day and was underwhelmed. Besides that, I'm not really maternity size yet, I'm that horrid in between. Ugh.
I have my first appt with my new doctor here in DC in a few weeks, on the 25th. I will be 17 weeks and I need to double check but I think they will be doing an ultrasound, probably finding out the gender!!!!!! I'll be sure to post what I'm having:)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't hormonal sickness such a joy? but it does bring us cute little babies. I am glad you are starting to feel better... as for maternity clothes... I hate them! I actually have a lot of regular non maternity tops and bought a large (and I still wear them at 36 weeks). The style nowdays tends to work well with a growing belly. Also I like Ross for cheap maternity pants and stuff. Good Luck!!

Jo and Jeff said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I remember that all too vividly. My problem now is that with breastfeeding, I have too much of an appetite. When I was pregnant - no appetite. I need that happy medium. As for the clothes, check any thrift stores. Since people don't wear them very long, they look pretty good. Hang in there!

Emily + Eric said...

I went into Kohl's & get a pair of cute levis for $2.50 & some khakis for $5.00! Watch for their big sales & head to the ol' clearance rack. If it makes you feel better, I was 2 months along with Paul (we hadn't even announced we were expecting) & someone who will remain nameless came running up asking me when I was due! :(

Anne-Marie said...

I'm glad you're feeling ok! I lucked out somehow and my "Mason" belly was smaller than my "Brooklyn" belly. As far as clothes go...stick with target and such, those always worked for me, and I decided that I prefer reg clothes, just bigger sizes. I always had trouble with pants being long enough and such. GOod luck with that :) I DEFINTELY want to see a pic now, my curiosity is all piked :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey! You found my blog and I found your's! Naomi is so cute! That's so grand that you are having another baby! YOu know, I started to show with Ethan when I was only 6 weeks along! I couln't keep it a secret from anyone! Good luck with finding maternity clothes! My favorite website is "craigslist.com"! My sis-in-law showed it to me and I have been addicted to it ever since! People just give away TONZ of free stuff..including maternity clothes! It's better than EBAY!

Sarah said...

Oh Trish, I'm sure you're not looking as pregnant as you think. I was showing at 10 weeks with Hallie and everyone was talking about it behing my back :( I go for Maternity clothes at Ross and Target. Motherhood sometimes has a few cute things that are on sale. Go for the regular tops in the empire waist or babydoll style. That's all you can find half the time anyway. I don't want to look pregnant so I don't buy them, but there are tons of cute ones. Good luck!

Latida108 said...

Hey Trish, I'm glad you're starting to feel better, I can't believe you, you were the cutest little prego lady ever with Naiomi, just like you swallowed a basketball, all skinny still everywhere else! Love ya!

Cam and Hol said...

I gained 15 lbs. the first trimester with Elise!! It's great fun!! I hope your sickness leaves soon!! I bet you have another girl, but I'm always wrong so you can pretty much guarantee it'll be a boy.