CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Stuff





So we carved a pumpkin last night, we thought one between the three of us would be sufficient. It totally was. Naomi was surprising really excited about the goopy insides, she helped pull them all out and then put them back again! What a great helper:) She turned the pumpkin face in to a shape sorter when Zach got the eyes, nose and mouth popped out, she was proud of herself for figuring out where they all went. And we didn't have any little votive candles so we used a small jar candle. Our pumpkin smelled just a bit like vanilla sugar cookies:)..... Naomi LOVED the pumpkin once it was lit up. She wanted to "hold it!!!!" and then kept saying "smiley face, CHEESE!" It was definitely a successful activity!

And some other fun was the ward trunk or treat last Saturday and trick-or-treating here at our apartments on Monday night. At the trunk-or-treat Zach dressed up and really wanted me to as well but I hadn't even thought about it and seriously had nothing to be. Naomi's little friend Abby and her mom Cassie hung out with us, the two girls had a great time together:) Our apartment complex sponsored a trick-or-treat event on Monday, with candy being handed out in the foyer of each building not having to knock doors, they were all decorated and festive. Naomi totally loved it, she would put on a show for anyone that asked her "what does a monkey say??" We didn't even go to all the buildings and she has waaaaay too much candy for a one-year-old. I guess I'll just have to eat it.....



And so here we are on Halloween and we've been trick-or-treating twice already and probably won't go tonight:) We'll have to light our pumpkin and tell some scary stories for Naomi.

10 comments:

Erin Davis said...

Naomi looked so cute! It looks like you guys had a fun halloween. We will probably find out what we are having around Thanksgiving time or shortly after. I will keep you posted, but I don't think we are going to break the boy streak anytime soon!

Anne-Marie said...

yay for halloween! i'm glad you guys had such a great time...now one to Thanksgiving! :)

Ashlee said...

Naomi makes a very cute monkey! and now will all that candy...you get to eat it. Maybe by then your little belly will get bigger!!! I love seeing it in a few of those pics. You all look like you enjoyed yourselfs. Hey are you going home for christmas? if so when. we will be at my moms on the 20th to the 26th I would love to see you.

Erica said...

I love the monkey with a bow! I've never seen anything like it. That's a very nice looking pumpkin, good work. I don't know how Naomi does that turned-in knee thing she is doing in the top picture. I think she'll make a great gymnast! Maybe even a great cheerleader like Mommy.

Theurer Clan said...

So cute! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! Trisha you are the cutest pregnant gal ever!

Jo and Jeff said...

I absolutely love the monkey costume. Naomi is a cutie! Looks like you have been having so much fun lately! What a fun place to live!

Susanna said...

Awwww, she is such a cute little monkey. Don't you just love Halloween? It's even more fun with kids because you can dress em up in anything you want and then just sit and look at how cute they are. I love it!!!

Sarah said...

So much fun! I love her Halloween costume! And, I love your bangs:)

Latida108 said...

Trish I'm lovin the bangs. And yes, what a darling little monkey! Bryson was a monkey once. So tell us your plans for the holidays. We should get planning a party.

Dani said...

Hey Trish....I am excited that you guys are having another one. That is awesome. I found you on a friends blog so I hope you don't mind if I keep updated on your cute little family. You find out what you are having tomorrow. I will have to check back to get the good news. Do you care what you have??? Tell Zach hi for me. Hope to see you guys soon! I think Tal is coming down to stay at my house and shop this weekend. I can't wait. Love you guys....Dani (McKnight) Prince.