CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Raspberries!

Raspberry Fields Forever!

I LOVE raspberries. A lot.
So a few days ago Naomi and I drove up to Butlers farm again to get our fill. The rows of raspberry bushes go on forever it seems and they are all just covered in fruit. I barely had to move to fill up our little buckets. More than anything I want a garden with raspberries in it, one day when we have a house:)
I had visions of Naomi picking along side me, dropping berries into the buckets like a fun little game. Or maybe something like Blueberries for Sal, I love that book, but without finding bears of course.
Well it turns out Naomi had her own agenda. She was thrilled when I showed her what was on all those bushes and off she went to pick. I tried at first and then gave up all together trying to get her to put some in the bucket with me. She was literally a kid in a candy shop. She picked and ate and ate and ate.
I felt a little guilty at first but she really couldn't have eaten all THAT much, she can only handle on berry at a time. Oh well.
The funniest had to be when she pulled a white (unripe) berry off and popped it into her mouth and then promptly back out again. She looked at it a little puzzled. I told her that it wasn't ripe yet and that the good ones are the RED ones.
"Ohtah!" and she went back to work.
Towards the end she did contribute about 4-5 berries to the bucket. But she had a hard time parting with them, she wanted them back out but I told her just get some more. A few times she even came over to me with a berry to put in and then got almost ready to let it go and then said "eat" and popped it in her mouth.
What a girl.

When we were done we drove back to the store, weighed and payed for our berries and headed home. It was such a blast. Naomi had as much fun there as she does at the "park" - the playground but she'd never admit it!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Holy raspberry buckets! Did you make lots of smoothies?

Sarah said...

I love raspberries too! I actually have a ton ready to pick right now. Wanna come over? I wish you could. My kids do the same thing. And the neighbor kids, and anyone else who walks by. Raspberries are just irrestible. My favorite snack is fresh picked raspberries mixed in some raspberry yoplait yogurt. Delicious!