CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Well now what?



I finished New Moon and Eclipse in record time, starting counting from the time they were actually IN my hands:) For those not familiar with those titles let me enlighten you! And change your world. JK. Sortof. Stephenie Meyer is the writer of the fabulous and somehow all-consuming Twilight series of books. Her third (Eclipse) was released last month and the fourth will not be out until NEXT SUMMER. So like I said; Now What? They are a story about, well a vampire and a girl. It's a love story but a lot of action too. I know, I KNOW, it sounds totally weird and lame, I mean REALLY, a VAMPIRE? But you just have to trust me on this one. They are very, very good. Oh, and also CLEAN. That's something that's become as hard to come by in books as it is in movies now days.
It's weird that books can be so consuming or engrossing or whatever for lack of a better vocabulary. But really- what is it about some books, including hers that does that to me and loads of other people too. I'm serious, EVERYONE is talking about these books. I mean I seriously can't put them down! I read until 2 a.m. and sneak in pages while Naomi is otherwise occupied and spend all of Naomi's nap time reading. So much for cleaning or anything else I used to do. So I guess on that note it's a good thing I've finished the series so far.
I'll be anxiously awaiting the next book and of course searching for other very worthwhile (I mean time-wasting) books to read in the meantime.

7 comments:

Dani said...

Have you seen all the "extras" she has on her website. I spent hours there. :)

Amy said...

Emily told me about them and I thought "ok Em's your crazy, vampires?" But I broke down and bought them and I also read them in record time :)

Jo and Jeff said...

I haven't read them, but it sounds like a must do. Have you read "The Burning Within"? Great book, true story about a lady who has a near death experience and tells all about what she saw on the other side. It made me want to be a better person. And I can't remember the author. It was my mom's and I read it while in Ut. this summer. I'll find out!

Erin Davis said...

I finished those about 3 weeks ago. Wow, I loved them. TJ read the first one, declared it way to lovey dovey and wouldn't read the 2nd and 3rd. He made me tell him everything that happened in them though. Can I suggest the Dancing series by Anita Stansfield. Soooo good.

Shelly Traveller said...

Thanks for writing on my blog. I'm sorry to hear that your sick as well. Isn't it the pits. I'm 17 weeks and still puking. Naomi is so cute! I see alot of Champlin in her. I remember when you came down to St. George and stayed with us while I was Talia's roommate. Good times! I look foward to reading more.
shelly

Jo and Jeff said...

Trisha, I love your 80's mix. My older sisters were way into it, so.. that's what I grew up with and I love, love, love it.

Susanna said...

I know what you mean about these books, they are totally addicting. I read the last two in 2 days!!!!! I loved them and I am also looking for some more good reading. I wish I had known before I started that there would be more, otherwise I would have waited till they were all out. I just read a book called "The Book Thief", I loved it. The authors name is Markus Zusak.
P.S. COngrats on the pregnancy, you are such a cute mom!!!
LOVE Susanna