CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weekender

We went to Charlotte this last weekend. Zach had an interview with a Charlotte law firm for a summer internship position (for NEXT summer.) The firm was paying Zach's way and I had some ticket voucher and sky miles random flight and miles that we used to get me tickets. We left Friday and came home Monday and I am soooo exhausted!


I've been meaning to post about our little trip but I think I've been avoiding it because it made me so dang tired!


I flew alone and it was kind of hard, the hardest part wasn't the plane ride itself but parking the car, getting on the shuttle and off again and then through security with all our stuff was tricky and an extra set of hands would have been nice. People were always helping me though, it's funny I must have a sign that says "I can't handle this, help me please!" That's what I felt like anyway!


But really it wasn't' too bad, all loaded up I had Naomi in her stroller, a diaper bag tucked into the basket and a small carry on and her car seat hanging from the handles of the stroller. It's just disassembling the whole ensemble that takes a bit of effort...
We have some friends who live in Charlotte, Heather and Rob Jenkins, and they were so nice to show us around and have us for dinner. They have a little girl, Claire who is about 6 months younger than Naomi. Rob was a mission companion of Zach's and he just graduated from Georgetown and was hired on at the firm Zach's interviewing with.


We had a great time with them, Heather came and picked me up and Naomi up while Zach was in his interview and we hit up the local Farmers Market.


All I can say is "WOW."


It was three huge barn like buildings filled with produce, bread and crafts. But the crazy thing is that the produce market is EVERY DAY! I bought some strawberries and peaches and sampled some very good bread and salsa:) yum.


I wish I had more pictures of this trip to post, I was just so busy I forgot to take pictures! It seems like that happens to me a lot. The more interesting and exciting it is makes me forget all about my camera.


So we made it back Monday evening all in one piece. Zach is actually going back to interview with a different firm this Friday. Hopefully one will make him an offer! Charlotte is a much more affordable place to live than D.C. and the firms there pay surprisingly close to the same as here. It was really a pretty place, the downtown was clean, reminded me a little of Salt Lake City that way.


Alright, here are a few pictures from the little weekender.
Naomi watching the airplanes, and trucks and "trains" of baggage cars go by while we waited for our flight. Her glasses are pretty stylin'!
Naomi watching cartoons in our KING sized bed! I'm converted, we need a king...

The Charlotte airport had a row of ROCKING CHAIRS for people to sit and relax in while waiting for a flight! I didn't try one out but they looked comfortable. It seems so Southern, charming:)

3 comments:

Jo and Jeff said...

Way to go! Traveling with kids (alone) is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Your comment about the sign on you made me laugh, I think I have on the same one. And I constantly get the comment, "wow, you've got YOUR hands full." The farmers market sounds wonderful!

Erica said...

How fun! I didn't even know you were going! It sounds like a great trip, but exhausting (given your present state!). I would have loved that farmer's market. How fun!

N8Stowers said...

Trisha, this is Casha...I'm so glad you would say hi! It is fun to see your family and read about what you've been doing! It sounds like an adventure out there! You guys take care.