CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

So maybe YOU had a big baby?

I think not. At least not compared to the story I read today about baby Nadia.
She weighed in at a good solid 17.1 lbs.
No joke.
This was the mom's 12th child but still, WOW! I couldn't believe it when I saw this picture. I mean this baby weighs as much as a 6 or 7 month old! The family lives in Russia and the mom said she ate normal things while she was pregnant like noodles, potatoes and tomatoes. Also she said that her other children have all been big babies but not like this.
And the kicker is that she had her C-section so for a while she's not supposed to lift "anything heavier than the baby." Right.
And it looks like this little one made the Guinness Book of World Records.

The probably normal sized infant to the right looks like a tiny little preemie next to Nadia.


I'm still in shock, I can't imagine how huge this mom must have been that last month or so. Naomi was only 6 lbs 8 oz and I felt HUGE.

So there's your shocker for the day!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

No way could i pop out a kid that big!!! Mine both hovered around 8 lbs and I was SOOO glad I didn't have to push them out!! (I {heart} c-sections :D). And amen to the twilight series...time will pass fast enough..I hope :). And, CONGRATS on the baby! I'm so excited for you! Yay for kids :)

Unknown said...

I heard about this yesterday! Absolutely amazing. It seems sort of wrong how big she is?!?! Poor mother!

Shelly Traveller said...

Thank goodness she had a C-section. Can you imagine! Should I be scared, I pretty much only eat noodles and potatoes.