CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Oops...

We rushed out the door and arrived at church about five minutes late as usual. We walked as quietly as we could into Sacrement meeting and found a seat on the second row. As we sat down Zach wispered to me,
"This isn't our ward."
I was totally perplexed.
"Really?"
I looked around a little and sure enough I didn't recognize a soul and then the clincher was the bishopric on the stand was not our bishopric.
Still utterly confused I said,
"I don't get it, what's going on?"
Then it dawned on us both.
Daylight Savings.
I told Zach to ask the couple next to us what ward this was. He did, they said Rockville.
Rockville meets at 8:30 a.m.
Our ward, Kensington, meets at 10:30.
I realized that their Sacrament meeting would be ending in about 5 more minutes and we were about an hour early for church.
Nice. But at least we were on time for once!

5 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

I think we would have forgot too if it weren't for the time and temperature break on channel five this morning! I should have slept in longer!

Anne-Marie said...

hee hee. at least you were early. Way to sit right in the front so you couldn't sneak out :)

Erica said...

We've messed up on the time before too. The time change is so hard to remember. I don't think we've ever SAT in the wrong ward though. That is hilarious.

M said...

Hilarious! Ryan set our clocks forward instead of back so I woke up for church and it was still pitch black outside. i was super confused, then got really mad at Ryan for messing up my sleep.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That is soooo funny! Jon and I have been in the wrong building for some occassion that I can't recall at the moment. It's a weird feeling eh!