CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's for Lunch?

Sometimes it's hard to know what to make for lunch (or dinner) that your kids will eat and that will actually be real food for you. Mac 'n Cheese does not a mom meal make. Trust me on that one.

Yesterday I made these, and they were very good. Happy kids and Happy Mom.

Quick Veggie Paninis/"grilled cheesies"

For the kids:
Two slices of bread, lightly buttered with Monterrey Jack cheese slices for the inside. Feeding kids cheese as you slice. That's what happens at my house anyway.
Pull out your old George Foreman or the like. I haven't used mine in years, but for today it was perfect!
Grill until browned and cheese is melty. Done.
Add to plate sliced red peppers, avocado chunks, mushrooms and (very important) Dip. My kids like Kraft Green Goddess. It's very tasty.

For Mom:
Two slices of bread, lightly buttered and Monterrey Jack cheese slices.
Add to sandwich: baby spinach, avocado slices, red pepper slices, mushrooms, and a little bit of your favorite vinaigrette splashed on there. I like Kraft Cesar Vinaigrette with Parmesan.
Grill to perfection and enjoy your yummy veggie Panini!

*Tomatoes would be great on this too, but I didn't have any today.
Extra avocado and peppers for me.
Ok, so I know that there are professional photographers that still can't make food look appetizing, and I realize that my sandwich photo might make you not want to make this. But photos make things more fun. So bear with me will ya?

1 comment:

Katy said...

It looks delicious! Unfortunately, Oliver is in the 'no way' stage when it comes to food, so all we can eat is soybean butter sandwiches.